The Harvard Medical School Guide to Lowering Your Blood Pressure explains in user-friendly terms what high blood pressure is, what causes it, and why it’s so important to keep it at a safe level. Coauthors Dr. Herbert Benson, author of the international bestseller The Relaxation Response and founder of the prestigious Mind/Body Medical Institute, and Aggie Casey, one of the country’s most experienced mind/body clinicians, emphasize lifestyle approaches to controlling blood pressure.
Most important, you’re given a complete lifestyle program for managing your blood pressure. Developed at the renowned Mind/Body Medical Institute in Boston, the program has helped thousands of people not only manage hypertension but reduce stress, improve overall health and fitness, and get more enjoyment out of life.
The Harvard Medical School Guide to Lowering Your Blood Pressure gives you:
- Easy-to-follow diet and nutrition guidelines
- Directives for heart-healthy exercise
- Proven relaxation techniques for managing stress and improving cardiovascular health
- Expert advice on how to talk to your doctor about your blood pressure
- The low-down on blood pressure-lowering drugs and their side effects
- Tips on how to create a personalized program that’s just right for you
About Harvard Medical School Health Guides
Harvard Medical School guides give you the knowledge you need to understand and take control of your health. In every book, a world-renowned expert from Harvard Medical School provides you with the latest information on diagnosis, traditional and alternative treatments, home remedies, and lifestyle changes that can make a powerful difference in your health.